How it’s always been
70% of the black panthers in the 1970’s were women, black women will always be an important part of this movement
Last year, 22-time Emmy award-winning reporter John Stofflet posted this news video he created for KING-TV in 2004, featuring Paul Smith and his artistic talents.
No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.
We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.
(Dead Poets Society, 1989)
READ IT AND WEEP: Because the more things change …
Just a few facts to put some of this in context:
- Louis and Mamie Till separated in 1942
- Louis Till was drafted by the Army to serve in WW2 in 1943
- Mamie Till learned that her ex-husband, Pvt. Louis Till, died in Europe in 1945… 10 YEARS BEFORE EMMETT’S MURDER
- The Till family was NEVER told that the FBI would not investigate because they didn’t want to bring negative attention to America during the height of the Cold War, when their only concern was defeating a competing ideology called Communism
- On September 15, 1955, Jet Magazine printed the photo of Till’s mangled corpse, focusing on his bloated, almost unrecognizable face. John Johnson, Publisher of Jet, admitted in his 1989 memoir that he had serious reservations in 1955 about publishing the gruesome photo BUT DID SO BECAUSE HE HAD A RESPONSIBILITY TO SHOW BLACKS THE EXTENT OF THE SAVAGERY OF THE ATTACK ON TILL.
- Thanks to the bravery and political savvy of Mrs. Mamie Till-Mobley, who understood THE PR VALUE OF ALLOWING THE BARBARITY OF AMERICAN RACISM TO BE SEEN BY THE ENTIRE WORLD, the story and image of Emmett Till went 1955 viral, turning an international spotlight on American hypocrisy as it marched the globe trying to ‘spread democracy.’ Mike Brown seen lying in the street for 4 hours could have had a similar effect… but unlike Mrs. Till-Mobley, Mrs. Brown decided, quite understandably mind you, that she didn’t want people to see her son that way. And of course that was just fine by the Ferguson PD and US Mainstream Media, neither of whom wanted the rest of us to know of the barbarity done to Brown.
- "I thought about Emmett till, and I could not go back. My legs and feet were not hurting, that is a stereotype. I paid the same fare as others, and I felt violated. I was not going back." ~ Rosa Parks
… they’re doing the exact same shit today, in terms of the White House and Department of Justice ignoring the systematic brutalization and murder of Black people under the guise of it being a ‘State’s rights’ issue, because they believe foreign policy issues ALONE should garner Federal attention. Not to mention the immediate rush by the media to slander the victims rather than seek out justice.
The more you know about American history …
Life magazine failed its public duty not posting Emmett’s burial photo so the whites could see the reality of racism
…a SAD American reality..
A tip from your favorite nurse
(that’d be me)
Always have eggs in your fridge
You just never know when someone will split their head open
Or cut their finger while cooking
And so on
See that membrane there?
While the blood is gushing - hold pressure and crack open an egg
Peel that there membrane off and put it on the wound (continue holding pressure)
The membrane will harden and keep the wound closed until you can get to the ER for stitches
If you even need them that is
Nature: 1, Band aids: 0
I did some research on this (because I do that now, fucking science get out) and it seems that this was done in the early 1900s somewhat frequently. It was used as a way to treat just about any kind of skin wound, from burn to cut to in at least one case an ulcer. It actually helps the wound heal not by preventing blood loss but by replacing part of the skin tissue and helping it grow.
It also helps in healing scars and reducing their visibility.
Also, if you have a splinter, smack one of these things on there and it will draw it out of your skin. No more shitting around with pliers.
it will also suck the poison stuff out of mosquito bites and stop them from being itchy
woaaah i didnt know!! awesome stuff :D
Did not know the mosquito bite or splinter thing! EGGS—IS THERE ANYTHING THEY CAN’T DO?
They cant fix the economy